Valparai Tours Valparai Tour Packages Package Tours to Valparai Valparai Travel Packages Valparai Tour Agents Valparai Tour Operator Tour Operator in Valparai
Valparai Birds Birding in Valparai Valparai Bird Watching Bird Watching in Valparai Birds of Valparai Valparai Birding Birding Tours to Valparai Bird Watching
Valparai Tourism is working behind a motive that to help farmers by collecting products directly from them with no intermediates and provide our customers the best and organic products with no preservatives or chemicals added. We sell the listed products at the very least price than anyone else in Valparai. Everyone will get a complementary gift pack of 500g Black Tea and 100g Black Pepper when you book any of our packages directly from our website. You can order the spices from our website or you can buy from any one of our outlets
Valparai Forest Stay Stay in Forest of Valparai Forest Guest Houses Forest Bunglows Deep Forest Stay Monombolly Stay Monombolly Forest Stay Forest Cottage Forest Home
Daily a cup of tea may improve your health.
No matter what the season, teas of Valparai can be a tasty beverage since it can be served iced or hot. But its benefits go far beyond refreshment. There is plenty of research showing that drinking tea can actually improve your health. At the very least, it’s a flavourful way of getting enough fluid into your body each day. On top of that, studies have shown teas can help protect your teeth and your heart, as well as possibly even helping to stave off cancer.
Which type of tea you drink can make a difference. All non-herbal teas are made from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The amount of time the leaves are processed determines whether you end up with a green, black or White tea.
Possible Health Benefits of Tea.
• Tea contains antioxidants
• Tea has less caffeine than coffee
• Tea may help with weight loss
• Tea may help protect your bones
• Tea may keep your smile bright
• Tea may boost the immune system
• Tea may help battle cancer
• Herbal tea may soothe the digestive system
• Tea - unadulterated, that is calorie free
Types of Tea
The tea that are produced by complete fermentation process and that appears black / brown in colour are referred to as black tea. The majority of teas produced are of this kind.
These type of teas are produced by bypassing the fermentation step. The oxidizing enzymes are killed/denatured by steam blasting the freshly plucked leaf in perforated trays or by roasting it in hot iron pan. The steaming is carried out for less than a minute. The leaf is then subjected to further heating and rolling until it turns dark green. The leaves are finally dried to moisture content of 3 to 4 percent. As the fermentation is arrested by the inactivation of polyphenol oxidase, the polyphenols are not oxidised and the leaves remain green. The beverage gives a weak flavour than black tea due to the absence of theaflavins and thearubigins.
White teas are whole withered teas of which the buds and leaves are covered with white hairy growth. First infusion of the teas is almost colourless, and the phenolic substances are slightly oxidised and poorly polymerized. These teas are made in two steps of withering and drying.
A cup of coffee in the morning may pack more than just an energy boost.
More and more research is emerging to suggest that there may be several health benefits associated with drinking this dark black beverage, from helping prevent diabetes to lowering the risk of liver disease.
The consumption of coffee goes back centuries. In 17th century England the popularity of the drink gave rise to a number of coffee houses which were dubbed 'penny universities', because with one penny a person could buy a cup of coffee and have intellectually stimulating conversations with other people. Nowadays, with over 400 billion cups consumed every year, coffee is one of the world's most popular drinks. But what makes it special?
Possible Health Benefits of Taking Coffee
• Cuts the pain
• Increase your fiber intake
• Protection against cirrhosis of the liver
• Lowered risk of type 2 diabetes
• Lowered risk of alzheimer’s disease
• Reduces suicide risk and depression
• Protection against parkinson’s
• Coffee drinkers have less risk of heart disease.
• Lower risk of multiple sclerosis.
• Coffee reduces colorectal cancer risk.
From the Piperaceae family, the black pepper plant is a trailing, woody vine that grows in tropical climates. After a few years, it bears tiny white blossoms that become berries known as peppercorns. For black peppercorns, the berries are picked before full maturity and turn dark when dried. Variations of green and white peppercorns are obtained by choosing different stages at which to pick the berries.
This is the same spice that, in centuries past, spawned battles, launched voyages, and became one of the signs by which men judged other men’s wealth. Today, we get to simply buy it at the supermarket, exported from India and Indonesia, the largest producers. Available whole, crushed, or ground into powder, many households use a hand-held mill for grinding their own peppercorns, which have an almost indefinite shelf life, to get the freshest product. Ground pepper retains its optimum freshness for about three months, and is sometimes “adulterated” with something other than black pepper, fresh or otherwise. Freshly ground pepper turns vinegar and oil dressing – or any dressing for that matter – into a work of culinary art. When cooking, use it at the last moment to retain the full flavour of the essential oils.
Possible Health Benefits of Black Pepper
• Black pepper increases nutrient absorption
• Black pepper improves digestion
• Black pepper stimulates appetite
• Black pepper relieves gas
• Black pepper helps clear congestion
• Black pepper combats arthritis
• Black pepper fights cancer and prevents other diseases
• Black pepper works as a natural antidepressant
• Black pepper treats teeth and gum problems
Valparai Tea Estate Stay Valparai Tea Estate Bunglows Stay in Tea Estate Tea Estate Cotages Tea Bunglows Home Stay in Tea Estate Tea Estate Resorts Tea Stay
Cardamom (ஏலக்காய்) is native to the evergreen forests of India. This spice is commonly used in Indian cuisine, but it has also made its way into Ayurvedic medicine as a treatment for mouth ulcers, digestive problems, and even depression. Some of the health benefits of this peppery, citrusy spice are now making their way into modern studies. Its well worth adding cardamom to your food for the flavour alone, but these health benefits are also something to consider whenever you break out the spices
Possible Health Benefits of Adding Cardamom In Your Food
• Cardamom is related to ginger and can be used in much the same way to counteract digestive problems. Use it to combat nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite, constipation, and much more.
• This spice helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys.
• In India they chew cardamom after meals or whenever they need to freshen their breath.
• Part of the reason cardamom is such a good detoxifier is thanks to the diuretic properties. It helps clean out the urinary tract, bladder, and kidneys, removing waste, salt, excess water, toxins, and combating infections too.
• The science behind the antidepressant qualities of cardamom hasn’t been studied yet, but Ayurvedic medicine swears by the tea as a means to fight depression.
• Apart from helping with bad breath, cardamom is used for mouth ulcers and infections of the mouth and throat.
• This pungent spice may help prevent and relieve cold and flu symptoms. It’s also used for bronchitis and coughs.
• Animal studies are showing promise that cardamom protects against, inhibits growth, and even kills some cancers.
• As a diuretic and fiber rich spice, cardamom significantly lowers blood pressure.
• Cardamom prevents dangerous blood clots by preventing platelet aggregation and the sticking to the artery walls.
• Many of the vitamins, phytonutrients, and essential oils in cardamom act as antioxidants, cleaning up free radicals and resisting cellular aging.
• The volatile essential oils in cardamom inhibit the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungus, and mold.
• Like ginger and turmeric, its relatives, cardamom has some anti-inflammatory properties that limit pain and swelling, especially in mucus membranes, the mouth, and throat.
• Cardamom is an anti-spasmodic that can help get rid of hiccups. This also applies to other involuntary muscle spasms, like stomach and intestinal cramps.
• Traditional medicine lists cardamom as a powerful aphrodisiac that can help with erectile dysfunction and impotence.
Cinnamon (இலவங்கப்பட்டை) is a highly delicious spice. It has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years. Modern science has now confirmed what people have instinctively known for ages.
Cinnamon Is High in a Substance with Powerful Medicinal Properties
Cinnamon is a spice that is made from the inner bark of trees called Cinnamomum. It has been used as an ingredient throughout history, dating back as far as Ancient Egypt. It used to be rare and valuable, and was regarded as a gift fit for kings. These days, cinnamon is cheap, available in every supermarket and found in all sorts of foods and recipes.
There are two main types of cinnamon:
Ceylon cinnamon : Also known as "true" cinnamon.
Cassia cinnamon : This is the more common variety today, what people generally refer to as "cinnamon."
Cinnamon is made by cutting the stems of the cinnamomum tree. The inner bark is then extracted and the woody parts removed from it. When it dries, it forms strips that curl into rolls, called cinnamon sticks. The sticks can be ground to form cinnamon powder. The distinct smell and flavour of cinnamon is due to the oily part, which is very high in a compound called cinnamaldehyde. It is this compound that is responsible for most of cinnamon's powerful effects on health and metabolism.
Possible Health Benefits of Cinnamon
• Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants
• Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties
• Cinnamon may cut the risk of heart disease
• Cinnamon can improve sensitivity to the hormone insulin
• Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels and has a powerful anti-diabetic effect
• Cinnamon may have beneficial effects on neurodegenerative diseases
• Cinnamon may be protective against cancer
• Cinnamon helps fight bacterial and fungal infections
• Cinnamon may help fight the HIV virus
If you have lived in India, you will remember the days when our mothers and grandmothers will insist on inhaling and treating your hair with sambrani after a bath. New born and infants were made to inhale the smoke from it as a way to disinfect their skin, hair and private parts. Many would even light up sambrani along with charcoal in an uruli (a small terracotta pot) to bring nice aroma to the entire home.
Benzoin resin (சாம்பிராணி) is a sap got from trees that belong to the Styrax species. Modern research has found that Benzoin has several medicinal properties. So most of the traditional practices totally make sense.
Possible Health Benefits of Benzoin • Its anti-flatulent property helps in removal of gas from the stomach/ intestine and aid indigestion. It is also supposed to soothe skin inflammations or eruptions.
• This is one of the most widely accepted property of Benzoin. It is one of the main ingredients in several anti- arthritic medicines. Hence believed to give good relief in arthritis. This list is just based on some research I did. So it could have many more benefits. Like we lost several other traditional Indian practices, this is one such one healing technique that is dying. Somehow I try to light it in the evenings at our home and the aroma really creates a calming environment. I forgot to mention and you will all love it for this- it keeps pests and mosquitoes away.
• The smoke from burnt benzoin resin when inhaled, gets into our nostrils and then to the brain to stimulate the nervous center thereby having a calming effect. It also acts as a sedative and hence believed to relieve anxiety and tension. You can imagine why it was widely used in big religious gatherings. Babies were also made to inhale its steam in order for them to have a sound sleep.
• It is believed to act as a disinfectant and prevent any infection of the scalp. Do not forget the nice fragrance it gives to the hair.
Valparai Cottages Valparai Home Stay Valparai Hotels Cottages in Valparai Homestay in Valparai Home Stay in Valparai Hotels in Valparai Resorts in Valparai
Bamboo rice (மூங்கில் அரிசி) is collected by the people of tribes residing in the forest. It is derived from the seeds of flowers. Bamboo rice is a specific variety of rice and is not produced throughout the year. It grows at the end of the lifespan of the Bamboo tree. During the process of milling the rice, chlorophyll from the bamboo is added to it too gives it a flavour & aroma which is similar to jasmine green tea.
The bamboo rice is sweet, pungent, nutritious and strong. It cures Kapha and pitta dosha, removes toxic substances from the body and cures conditions where vital humors of the body are removed from the body (excreted) through urine. It is cooked as similar to regular rice and after cooking it is usually moist and sticky. It can substitute white rice in daily meals. While regular rice is commonly unnoticed part of the meal, when you serve bamboo rice it will cause your guests to notice its subtle flavour & attractive colouring. There are various perks of consumption of Bamboo rice over regular rice. It is very high on Vitamin B. It has an ability to reduce and relieve from joint pains and diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. It is also instrumental in reducing swelling of wounds. Regular consumption helps you to lower the sugar level. It is rich in antioxidants that reduce visible signs of aging and calcium content is enormous.
It is perfect for all gourmet applications. Bamboo rice can also be served along with your salads, as an Asian-style risotto, or a colourful side dish! The health benefits and nutrient content of bamboo rice is remarkable. No wonder people are shifting to consumption of Bamboo rice over the regular one.
Possible Health Benefits of Bamboo Rice
• Controls Joints pain, back pain and rheumatic pain.
• Increases sexual ability and immunity power.
• Controls sugar, cholesterol and Blood pressure.
• Good for Pregnancy women to overcome vitamin deficiency.
• Bamboo Rice boiled water can be given as soup to patients for quick recovery.
When you think of avocados (வெண்ணெய் பழம்) or butter fruit, it isn't exactly filled with flavour as a standalone fruit. It is often mixed with other ingredients to impart more flavour. However, as bland and tasteless as it might be. it is actually very nutritious.
The vitamins in it provide a lot of energy to the body and it also serves as a remedy for many diseases. Butter fruit contains a high amount of potassium and carbohydrates, it can be mixed with sugar and milk and consumed directly, or be consumed in the form of a milkshake as well.
Possible Health Benefits Of Butter Fruit
• Butter fruit is said to have anti-carcinogenic properties, and those with sight problems may consume this fruit on a daily basis. They protect and maintain healthy cells. Consumption of avocados in salads, sandwiches, juices etc., promotes good eye health.
• Studies have indicated that avocados have been known to bring down bad cholesterol levels too, whilst boosting good cholesterol.
• It is advisable for pregnant mothers as it said to boost the growth of a fetus. It also facilitates in an easy and normal delivery.
• Said to be a remedy for those with breast cancer ailments.
• Besides increasing memory power in children, it promotes their concentration as well.
• Use butter fruit paste, and apply it to your hair for two hours. Wash this off, and done on a regular basis, leads to hair growth.
• As a face-wash, butter fruit helps in keeping one’s skin younger, and brings a glow to your face.
Honey is a sweet, viscous food substance produced by bees and some related insects. Bees produce honey from the sugary secretions of plants or other insects through regurgitation, enzymatic activity, and water evaporation. Honey is stored in wax structures called honeycombs. The variety of honey produced by honey bees is the best-known, due to its worldwide commercial production and human consumption. Honey is collected from wild bee colonies, or from hives of domesticated bees, a practice known as beekeeping.
Possible Health Benefits Of Butter Fruit
• Helps prevent cancer and heart disease
• Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
• Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
• Increases athletic performance
• Reduces cough and throat irritation
• Balances the 5 elements
• Helps regulate blood sugar
• Heals wounds and burns
• Honey is probiotic
• Helps improve skin:
Note : The views presented in this section are not meant to be used in place of a physicians recommendation. This has been created solely for reading pleasure and for the sake of information. All readers are requested to seek the opinion of their physician and follow their advice. Possible health benefits are not offered as a medical advice and this information shall not be taken as medical advice in any way or form
We ship all orders within 5 working days of order placement. Bulk order may require more time to ship and you will be contacted in such case. Once your order is shipped, you will receive an email with the shipment details. We ship via courier and it may take up to 5 business days to receive your order after shipment.
Estimated delivery time depends on the following factors.
1. The product availability with us.
2. The destination to which you want the order shipped.
3. The availability of courier service.
We ship anywhere within India. We also understand the importance of receiving your order as quickly as possible. We are constantly working to improve transit times while still we cannot able to offer free shipping. We do not collect any hidden charges when you purchase on valparaitourism.net. Prices you see on the product page are final and that is exactly what you would pay (Taxes extra). We will start processing to ship the products only after the confirmed payment.
We offer completely free returns as per our 100% satisfaction guarantee. At valparaitourism.net returns is a rare event because we make sure that the product is 100% pure, natural and healthy before shipping. However if it happens, we will provide you a return at no cost. Returns are easy. Contact us to initiate a return. You will receive an email to your registered email address regarding the return process. You have to send back the product to the mentioned address in the email by courier within 2 weeks of time. Once we receive the product, we will either do the replacement or will refund your amount according to your preference. Not more than 50 grams of the product should be used when returned.